rtpbin do-retransmission NACK processed but not resent - help debugging?

Scott Zollinger szollinger at control4.com
Wed Oct 16 22:33:13 CEST 2013

I am looking at audio over a noisy wireless network.  Setting the rtpbin's do-retransmission to true, and then wiresharking the data between the rtp server and client, I see the client issues the NACK for missing packets, but I never see the rtp server side resending the NACK'ed rtp packet.   We are currently using the

Adding a bit of logging on the server side, I see the flow make it to the gstrtpsession.c line 2368 where a new upstream event (GstRTPRetransmissionRequest) is created and sent to the send_rtp_sink pad, but I'm not sure what is supported to happen next.

Is there a property on a element I should be setting.  Or do I need to add some special event handling code for this?

Our pipeline construction is a bit complex, but the rtpgstpay payloader src pad is linked to the rtpbin's send_rtp_sink_%s pad.  I'm a bit confused as to where the GstRTPRetransmissionRequest event should we heading next.  Thanks.

This message (including any attachments) contains confidential information intended for a specific individual and purpose and is protected by law. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message. Any disclosure, copying, or distribution of this message, or the taking of any action based on it is strictly prohibited.