RELEASE: GStreamer Core and Plugins 1.2.0

Gazoo gazoo at 42.dk
Thu Oct 17 09:23:25 CEST 2013

On 17-10-2013 16:06, Sebastian Dröge-2 [via GStreamer-devel] wrote:

> Just a short reply now, but this is most likely caused by an too old
> autoconf version. I think you need 2.69 to work with your version of
> gettext you have. (Older versions of gettext did not cause this error
> when using autoconf < 2.69).
Thanks for the fast reply Sebastian. Although at this point it feels
like I'm digging myself deeper and deeper into a hole. :S

Looking at mingw package manager I can see that yes- it seems the latest
version it installs is 2.68. So my options are to some how get a more
recent version of autoconf, or an older version of gettext? Neither of
which I have the first clue of how to do as I'm guessing it requires
manual labor outside of the package manager?

Or is it because of the earlier package conflicts? Am I perhaps better
served reinstalling both MinGw and Msys?