egglessink with Android.

sabin sabin.sathian at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 13:14:16 CEST 2013

I am trying play video using gstreamer plugins on imx6 with Android 4.2.2.

So I started with following pipeline: gst-launch-1.0 -v --gst-debug-level=4
filesrc location=/mnt/sdcard/linkin.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse !
amcviddec-omxgoogleh264decoder ! eglglessink
and got the error:
"ERROR eglglessink-platform
video_platform_wrapper.c:152:platform_create_native_window: Can't create
native window "
I see that eglglessink cant create a window in Android (it needs X11):
create-window :
"If set to true, the sink will attempt to create it's own window to render
to if none is provided. This is currently only supported when the sink is
used under X11 flags: readable, writable Boolean. Default: true"

So the next thing I tried was to disable eglglessink from creating own
window (coz from the source code I could see that if no X11 window is
allowed, eglglessink will try to create using Xoverlay):
gst-launch-1.0 -v --gst-debug-level=4 filesrc
location=/mnt/sdcard/linkin.mp4 ! qtdemux ! h264parse ! avdec_h264 !
eglglessink create-window=false

"40 ERROR eglglessink gsteglglessink.c:649:gst_eglglessink_start: Window
handle unavailable and we were instructed not to create an internal one.
Bailing out. 0:00:00.635454334 3981 0x695040 ERROR eglglessink
gsteglglessink.c:676:gst_eglglessink_start: Couldn't start"

Did anyone succeded in using eglglessink on Android?