GStreamer SDK problem

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Thu Oct 17 14:29:12 CEST 2013

2013/10/17 JPM <jpmelian at gmail.com>

> Hello,
>
> I have installed in my PC Windows 7 64 bits, GStreamer SDK 2013.6 (Congo)
> for Windows 64 bits (Runtime) and Python 2.7.5 Windows X86-64 Installer.
>
> I am using PyGST and PyGTK included in Gstreamer SDK.
>
> Always I add gtk.gdk.threads_init() in .py file a deadlock is produced. I
> have tested the same .py file in Ubuntu without any error.
>
> That's a known issue in windows, and you should try do all your call to
gtk from the main thread.
Do not call to threads_init and don't enclose you call to gtk_main with
gdk_threads_enter gdk_threads_leave. If you need for instance to retrieve
the window id do it in the "realized" callback.
This tutorial will help you:
http://docs.gstreamer.com/display/GstSDK/Basic+tutorial+5%3A+GUI+toolkit+integration

Cheers,
Andoni

> Could you help me ?. Thanks and best regards.

Andoni Morales Alastruey

LongoMatch:The Digital Coach
http://www.longomatch.ylatuya.es