H264 Hardware accelerator element to use in gstreamer for NEXUS 10

Sebastian Dröge slomo at coaxion.net
Fri Oct 18 15:35:53 CEST 2013

On Fr, 2013-10-18 at 02:17 -0700, danil4u wrote:
> I'm trying to decode my video using hardware accelerator of NEXUS 10,
> OMX.Exynos.AVC.Decoder using gstreamer. My pipeline looks like
>
> gst-launch 0.10 udpsrc port=5000 caps = \"application/x-rtp, media=video,
> clock-rate=90000, encoding-name=H264,
> sprop-parameter-sets=\\"Z0LAH9oBQBbsBEAAAAMAQAAADIPGjag\\=\\,aM48gA\\=\\=\\",
> payload=96, ssrc=3462890862, clock-base=501705596, seqnum-base=40332\" !
> rtph264depay ! h264parse ! amcviddec-omxexynosavcdecoder ! eglglessink
> sync=false
>
> but I get the error saying there is no gst element
> amcviddec-omxexynosavcdecoder
>
> Does anybody have any idea on how to fix this issue or do I need to use
> different element to use HW accelerator.

Just use decodebin2, if possible it will use the hardware decoder
without you having to worry about the name.

Alternatively check with the GstElementFactory/GstRegistry API what the
name of the elements is on your specific platform.

Also consider using the latest version of GStreamer:
http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/pkg/android/1.2.0/

0.10 is outdated and no longer maintained since about two years by the
GStreamer project.