android h264 hardware encoding

yoyosuper8 yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com
Fri Oct 18 20:11:16 CEST 2013

So I did some changes to the code under androidmedia folder and then decided
to revert the code back from original and attempt to patch it again.
However, now I'm having problems when I'm applying the patches. I get an
error saying that it can't find a reference to 'gst_amc_video_enc_get_type'
in gstamc.c

Here is what I do. I have a clean version of androidmedia and then I apply
the first patch from the list:
     Patch 1: A related patch removes g_assert_not_reached when encounter
"unknown color formats"
Then I attempt to compile (make) the code and everything works fine. Then I
apply the second patch to allow androidmedia the capability of hw encoding:
     Patch 2:  androidmedia: add video encoding support
Then I attempt to compile (make) the code and it fails. This is what I get:

/home/androiduser/cerbero/android-ndk-r8e/toolchains/arm-linux-androideabi-4.6/prebuilt/linux-x86_64/bin/../lib/gcc/arm-linux-androideabi/4.6/../../../../arm-linux-androideabi/bin/ld.gold:
.libs/libgstandroidmedia_la-gstamc.o: in function
plugin_init.part.1:gstamc.c:2777: error: undefined reference to
'gst_amc_video_enc_get_type'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Any ideas or fixes?

Thanks