Qtgstreamer compile error

George Kiagiadakis kiagiadakis.george at gmail.com
Mon Oct 21 14:10:31 CEST 2013

On Mon, Oct 21, 2013 at 1:00 PM, Diego Gonzalez <diego.gonzalez at horus.es>wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I just builded and installed QTgstreamer lib. However, when I try to
> compile the example player.pro I get this error:
>
> Starting: "/usr/bin/make"
>
> make: *** No rule to make target `../../../examples/player/player.pro',
> needed by `Makefile'. Stop.
>
> The process "/usr/bin/make" exited with code 2.
>
> Error while building/deploying project player (kit: Desktop)
>
> When executing step 'Make'
>

> I'm using QT 4.8.5.  Can anyone help me?

This sounds like a qmake bug or something like that. Maybe you just need to
compile it in-source.
But, if you have compiled qt-gstreamer from source, then the examples
should also be already compiled in the source tree.
If you really want to build separately, note that you can also use cmake,
which is the preferred build system.

Regards,
George