android h264 hardware encoding

cee1 fykcee1 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 03:17:49 CEST 2013

2013/10/23 yoyosuper8 <yoyosuper8 at yahoo.com>:
> Ok, so I did what you said cee1 and it seems to work. However, there still a
> problem. Here is the pipeline and the logcat. I'm not sure exactly what the
> problem is. Although it seems that it could still be the color format.
>
> Pipeline:
> GstNativeInit("videotestsrc is-live=true do-timestamp=true name=videosrc !
> bufferinspect ! capsfilter
> caps=\"video/x-raw,format=NV12,width=320,height=240,framerate=30/1\" !
> bufferinspect ! amcvidenc-omxtiducati1videoh264e bitrate=1024
> i-frame-interval=8 ! bufferinspect ! queue ! capssetter
> caps=\"video/x-h264,profile=baseline\" ! bufferinspect !
> amcviddec-omxtiducati1videodecoder ! bufferinspect ! eglglessink
> name=videosink", 0x80000082);

So, this doesn't give you a picture?
Also, is it the whole log?

Try 'hw encoding' test first(keep just one bufferinspect after the
encoder), which do encode & send only, observe whether data flows
through the net.

Hi slomo,
What are differences among COLOR_FormatYUV420SemiPlanar,
COLOR_TI_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar,
COLOR_TI_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanarInterlaced,
COLOR_QCOM_FormatYUV420SemiPlanar and
COLOR_QCOM_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar64x32Tile2m8ka?

Will it be fine if I use a NV12 source for an encoder claimed support
of COLOR_TI_FormatYUV420PackedSemiPlanar?

--
Regards,

- cee1