How to do streaming of mp4 file using rtsp on gstreamer (simulating the live stream)

danil4u danil4u at gmail.com
Tue Oct 22 14:18:10 CEST 2013

I have set the below flag in my code:
gst_rtsp_media_factory_set_shared(factory, TRUE)

It seems it is working, but I still see some more issues:

Opening server and clients on same Linux machine:

1. Using gst_lauch I can launch/connect 2nd client with in few seconds of
the first client is connected, If I delay, then 2nd client never connect,
Says Buffering 100% and comes out. Do you know the reason for it?

2. I cannot connect more than 2 clients to the server, if I try to connect
also it says Buffering 100% and comes out.

Client and Server on different machines:

3. If  I connect one client from other machine, then the server is not
accepting any more clients from same machine or any other machine, it just
says Buffering 100% and comes out untill the first connectin is closed.

Connecting the clients with VLC:

4. If I try to connect the server through VLC, then the video on other
gstreamer launch will halt till the VLC client's video catching up to it. Do
you know why?

5. I can connect any number of VLC clients on the same machine, but whenever
new VLC client is started all the other  VLC clients are resetting to
starting.

Can anybody give some inputs to above issue?

thanks