RPi GStreamer wrapper available?

Markus Fritsche fritsche.markus at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 19:23:58 CEST 2013

tl;dr: I am searching for a GStreamer wrapper that analyzes a transport
stream and correctly recodes all included substreams.

Hi,

after giving up on the DM368 platform due to it's limitations (video
dimensions have to be divideable by 32 and there's no cropping element that
can be included in the pipeline between the hardware de- and encoding), I
plan on using my Raspberry Pi to recode an abundance of PVR'ed TV shows
clogging up my harddisk.

Since there are some channels that have multiple audio streams in their
broadcasts, a simple audio/ video recoding GStreamer pipeline doesn't always
yield the desired result. I could analyze the transport stream using
mediainfo or similar, but I wonder if there is a solution for that already?

Regards,
  Markus