Events based on frame number and timestamp

Marcus Nascimento marcus.cps at gmail.com
Thu Oct 24 14:43:18 CEST 2013

Hi Adrien,

Thanks for your answer.

>From what I've seen up to now, it is possible to use the GstClock from the
Pipeline and schedule a one shot timer (gst_clock_new_single_shot_id) and
register an async notification (gst_clock_id_wait_async). But I'm not sure
yet. That would solve the timestamp problem.

The frame number seems to be trickier. For now, I believe I'll have to use
a pad probe in the decoder output pad to monitor this. Another approach
would be creating a custom filter and insert it after the decoder.

What do you think about it?
Anyone else has a better idea?

Thanks very much,
Marcus

On Thu, Oct 24, 2013 at 6:59 AM, adrien_sch <
adrien.schwartzentruber at gmail.com> wrote:

> It's possible.
>
> I don't know if it is the best way, but you can had a buffer probe at the
> end of your pipeline and check the buffer time. You can easily fire a
> signal
> when your condition are ok.
>
> Some glues :
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/manual/html/chapter-dataaccess.html