Can not find symbol as "_g_free, assert" and so on in iOS static library linked with "gstreamer-1.0-devel-1.2.0-ios-universal.pkg"

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 16:59:24 CEST 2013

2013/10/25 jojo <rjiejie at gmail.com>

>  Hi,
> I use the "gstreamer-1.0-devel-1.2.0-ios-universal.pkg" to use some glib
> function also like "g_free" and so on,
>
>  and i build my iOS static library "libiOS.a" succeed except some
> undefined symbol in my static library which should
>
> be come from gstreamer project as bellow, what i am missing ?

How are you building this static library and how are you using it?

I would say it's normal that those symbols are undefined. When you link
your application with your library (libiOS.a) and the GStreamer iOS
Framework, the framework will provide the object files contains the glib
symbols. You don't want to end up having an archive libiOS.a  with the glib
object files in there because it results in dupicated symbols when linking
it with the GStreamer iOS framework.
Make sure you use the XCode templates we provide, which takes care of all
the internal details for you.

Cheers,
Andoni

> nm libiOS.a | grep _g_free