Xcode 4.6.3 GStreamer 1.2.0 linker error

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Sat Oct 26 13:16:56 CEST 2013

2013/10/26 Andoni Morales <ylatuya at gmail.com>

> 2013/10/24 Michael McNamara <mmcnamara at control4.com>
>
>>  I believe that the linker issues described in my original message must
>> stem from the 1.2.0 iOS package being built with Xcode 5 against the iOS 7
>> SDK.  As such they don't appear to be backward compatible for use with
>> Xcode 4.6.3.  This being the case, I've been trying to build 1.2.0 myself
>> using Xcode 4.6.3.  The repo that I'm building from:
>>
>>  git://anongit.freedesktop.org/gstreamer/sdk/cerbero
>>
>>  I can bootstrap with no issues:
>>
>>  $ ./cerbero-uninstalled bootstrap
>>
>>  I then edit config/cross-ios* to set the SDK to 6_1 and start the build
>> process:
>>
>>  $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-universal.cbc package
>> gstreamer-1.0
>>
>>  I'm currently dying when building glib:

>> checking whether the C compiler works... no
>> configure: error: in
>> `/Users/mike/cerbero/sources/ios_universal/x86/glib-2.38.0':
>> configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
>> See `config.log' for more details
>> ***** Error running 'package' command:
>> Recipe 'glib' failed at the build step 'configure'
>>
>>  Somewhat confusingly I can do a buildone for both x86 and arm on glib
>> with no issues?
>>
>>  $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-x86.cbc buildone glib
>>
>>  $ ./cerbero-uninstalled -c config/cross-ios-arm7.cbc buildone glib
>>
>>  Suggestions on where to poke around would be welcome.
>>
> Hi,
>
> I have launched a clean rebuild here trying to reproduce it. The error
> should be logged in  /Users/mike/cerbero/sources/
> ios_universal/x86/glib-2.38.0/config.log, could you paste it here?

Hi,

For some reason in the universal build it's using the incorrect sysroot for
the x86 build. I will try to fix it today.

128 configure:4113: llvm-gcc-4.2  -isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.1.sdk
-miphoneos-version-min=5.2 -Wall -g -Os -DNVALGRIND    =1  -DHAVE_STRNDUP
-DGST_SDK_IOS=1  -arch i386  -isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.1.sdk
-L/Users/fluendo/ce    rbero/dist/ios_universal/lib  -arch i386  -isysroot
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneSimulator.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneSimulator6.1.sdk
-Wl,-iphoneos_version_mi    n,5.2 -Wl,-undefined,error
-Wl,-headerpad_max_install_names conftest.c  >&5
129 ld: in
'/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.1.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib',
missing required architecture i386 in file /Appl
ications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS6.1.sdk/usr/lib/system/libdispatch.dylib
(2 slices) for architecture i386
130 collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

Andoni