How to use rtpdtmfdepay from gstreamer

Olivier Crête olivier.crete at collabora.com
Wed Oct 30 11:38:54 CET 2013

Hi,

On Wed, 2013-10-30 at 15:09 +0530, amar wrote:
> Thank you for giving response to my query.
> Please can you give me any example for grepping the DTMF event from
> rtpdtmfdepay.
>
> I am unable to catch the DTMF event from messege bus. How to catch the
> DTMF event from GstMessege ?

You should receive a message of type GST_MESSAGE_ELEMENT. This only
works if you receive DTMF as RTP telephone-event messages, if you
receive the DTMF as sound, you need to use the dtmfdetect element from
the spandsp plugin. This element will also emit the same messages where
it gets DTMF sound.

--
Olivier Crête
olivier.crete at collabora.com