play stream without parsing PAT/PMT

sudipj sudipj79 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 31 07:46:32 CET 2013

There is also a tuner which tunnels the data within kernel to hw demuxer
before it is pulled in the userspace by gstreamer element dvbsrc and pushed
to dvbsrc.

This could also be helpful for multitrack files where in a user could play a
particular track by just passing the stream pid. For e.g just an english
audio track without actually playing all the tracks of a particular program.

Its seem bit out of range, but today we use for many practical reasons.
Internally we do have a clone of tsdemux(stts_demux), which actually works
by just accepting the PES data. But the limitation is that I cannot
interface with other gstreamer elements.

Can I try to provide a solution for this in tsdemux, if you see a point
here. ?

Sudip