Handling of hang in one branch of pipeline

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 5 02:34:50 PDT 2013

Hi,

I'm having a pipeline which is more like this

                                                            /--------------
Branch 1 ------------ Sink 1
                                                           /
Source ----- Element 1 ---- Element 2 -->|
                                                           \
                                                            \--------------
Branch 2 ------------ Sink 2

Let us assume Branch 1 hangs for some reason. How can I make sure branch 2
runs seamlessly?
Currently the pipeline runs without any issue but just need to have a
guard-band just in case if one of the branch hangs

PS : I'm unable to post the whole pipeline here since it has lot more
elements and I'm pretty bad at this drawing :) The usecase is Source is an
MPTS IP stream, Element 2 is a tee, Branch 1 decodes program 1 and Branch 2
decodes Program 2

~BO