Gstreamer Pipeline using External clock

sureshu suresh.udipi at wipro.com
Thu Sep 5 08:14:29 PDT 2013

Hi,

   According to my understanding Gstream pipeline uses the System clock as a
base.

   We want the pipeline to use external clock like PTP clock.

   One option is use

    gst_pipeline_use_clock ((GstPipeline *pipeline,  GstClock *clock);

    What should I enter for GstClock...??
     I have to derice a subclass from GstClock and how do I connect it to
the PTP clock?
     Any example will be pretty helpfull.

   Is there any other options to use an external clock other than default
clock?

   Any options to try it on pipeline other than code?

Thanks and Regards
Suresh