Handling of hang in one branch of pipeline

Federico Zamperini fzamperini at tiscali.it
Fri Sep 6 03:38:30 PDT 2013

If I understood correctly, you can put an identity element in each
branch and handle the "handoff" signal in the bus, which is posted every
time a buffer is passed on.
You have to setup a couple of timers to trigger an alarm when no buffers
are passed for a certain amount of time.
Or otherwise look for some other similar signals from the elements that
are most inclined to hang.

Federico