Android Port: How to access camera using Gstreamer

Mohammed Sameer msameer at foolab.org
Tue Sep 10 12:35:11 PDT 2013

On Tue, Sep 10, 2013 at 09:41:09AM -0700, yoyosuper8 wrote:
> Hey Sandip,
>
> Were you able to figure out a way to access the video using gstreamer like
> you do in linux "gst-launch /dev/video0"? DUe to my requirements, I can't
> use appsrc. I need to have gstreamer get the video buffer directly from the
> hardware.
> Does any one have any ideas on how to do this? Please help out and if you
> know of any source code available, please post URL.
> I'm still looking around and if I find anything, I'll post something back.

Android does not use Video4Linux. The only Android camera assumption that holds is
Java API (I am not sure if NDK offers camera API or not).

The only thing I can think of is to build a GStreamer source element on top
of Android Camera API. I know it's not easy but I also know it's doable ;-)

Cheers,

--
GPG-Key: 0xA3FD0DF7 - 9F73 032E EAC9 F7AD 951F  280E CB66 8E29 A3FD 0DF7
Debian User and Developer.