problem live streaming

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Wed Sep 11 08:01:57 PDT 2013

I am not familiar with test-mp4.c. The examples supplied with the GStreamer
RTSP server only work with somewhat static video sources. If you want a
live source, you need to change the pipeline. Use something like: v4l2src
device=/dev/video0 !
'video/x-raw-yuv,width=640,height=480,framerate=30000/1001' ! rtph264pay
pt=96,name=pay0

This should work with many webcams. Test the string with gst-launch to get
it right, then code it into an example. It should do what you want.

Chuck