how to change sources while pipeline is on PLAYING state?

narcisse doudieu siewe wambenarcisse at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 11 10:32:00 PDT 2013

you should read the gstreamer doc available at its website!!!

________________________________
 De : Lautaro Woites <lauchapc87 at gmail.com>
À : Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 11 septembre 2013 17h01
Objet : how to change sources while pipeline is on PLAYING state?

Hi all again.

I'm using gstreamer 0.10.36 and I have a pipeline like this:

filesrc ! decodebin2 ! valve ! queue2, ! videorate ! video_scale ! xvimagesink

I'm trying to change the filesrc/decoder when the pipeline is on PLAYING state. I've tried the following:

1) create the new filesrc and decoder

2) close the valve

3) set filesrc and decoder on NULL state

4) remove the filesrc and decoder from the pipeline

5) add the new filesrc and decoder to the pipeline

6) link them and set to playing

This doesn't work for me (the video freezes when I remove the filesrc).

I've also tried to send a FLUSH_STOP event before step 6). This work better but:

* The sources have started to change but they hasn't started from the beginning. For example, if I change the filesrc in second 10, the new filesrc starts playing from second 10.

* and almost in every source change  the video freezes notoriously

I still don't know if this the correct/standard way to do this. Can someone help me?

 Thanks in advance