registering a plugin

jyoti kulkarni jyotimk029 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 01:12:34 PDT 2013

Hello All,

I have written a plugin (similar to filesink), using make element tool.
and it compiles fine(using ./autogen.sh), but when i launch it with
gat-launch i get no such element error, here is how i register my plugin in
.c file generated by make element tool.

static gboolean
myown_plugin_init (GstPlugin * myown_plugin)
{
  /* debug category for fltering log messages
   *
   * exchange the string 'Template myfilter' with your description
   */
  _do_init

  return gst_element_register (myown_plugin, "myown_plugin", GST_RANK_NONE,
      GST_TYPE_FILE_SINK);
}

GST_PLUGIN_DEFINE (
    GST_VERSION_MAJOR,
    GST_VERSION_MINOR,
    myown_plugin,
    "Template myown_plugin",
    myown_plugin_init,
    VERSION,
    "LGPL",
    "GStreamer",
    "http://gstreamer.net/"
)

where _do_init is:

GST_DEBUG_CATEGORY_INIT (gst_myown_plugin_debug, "myown_plugin", 0,
"myown_plugin element");

Please help me with the concern.

Thanks
Jyoti