Android Port: How to access camera using Gstreamer

Sandip Sitapara s13884neo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 04:16:01 PDT 2013

Hi Everyone,

First of all how to capture frame from Android? because if we use built in
JAVA class we can't get the frame without onPreview callback function. As we
are talking about appsrc we have to pass frame to gstreamer with Android
native App. Do we have any example to capture frame without previewing?

Hay Andy, How do you capture the frame from Android Camera?

http://code.google.com/p/android-m912/downloads/detail?name=v4l2_camera_v2.patch&can=2&q=
v4l2 patch for android m912