latency in live h.264 decoding using apprsrc

Rohit Jaiswal rj12461 at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 10:19:50 PDT 2013

hello freinds,

I am using a live stream to decode a video.
I am using the following code for decoding the stream.

http://amarghosh.blogspot.in/2012/01/gstreamer-appsrc-in-action.html

Now here is my problem->
I am trying to decode h.264 NAL units, by supplying gstreamer every single
frame which arrives through network and its decoded very well but after
decoding there is some latency and the output screen doesnot appears
continuous to me.

the 1st frame arrives --> decoded and then appears on screen then the
second frame arrives--> decoded and again appears but there is a gap in
between which looks awkward.

I am also following basic tutorial 12 for feeding live data but it doesnot
helps.
i am using the appsrc to feed the data to gstreamer as mentioned in above
link.

i really need your help...
please guide