Ariel Argañaraz arielin82 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 17 08:21:22 PDT 2013

Hello Tim, thanks for your answer
But, I have send this mail without finish it by mistake. I'm sorry.

I have tested the pipeline you said. And it works.

But the thing that I don't understand is with the uridecodebin element

      GST_DEBUG=2 gst-launch uridecodebin uri=mmsh://
201.212.5.144/audio959-rockandpop?MSWMExt.asf ! decodebin2 ! filesink
location=/tmp/test.audio

This works too, but when it is recording the log shows that buffer is
PREROLLING every 4 or 5 seconds, The buffer is being emptying and then
filled up again, it doesn't matter at the end because the audio file it is
successfully created.

The problem is that when I want to re-send the audio (linking the to my own
element) That doesn't work.

So I decide to use the mmssrc element. And I tested again recording to a
file with this pipeline:
     GST_DEBUG=2 gst-launch mmssrc location=mmsh://
201.212.5.144/audio959-rockandpop?MSWMExt.asf ! decodebin2 ! filesink
location=/tmp/test.audio

And It works! Then I re-send to my other application and it works without
any problems.

I have realise that the mmssrc doesn't show in the logs that it is filling
and emptying the buffer as the uridecodebin shows. The mmssrc is not
prerrolling the buffer, thats the only difference I found beetween mmssrc
and uridecodebin but I don't know why only the mmssrc works for re send
the audio.

* *And I would like to know if someone knows why the make different things
with the buffers or witch is better than the other?*

The real mail is this!!
http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Doubts-about-gstreamer-elements-for-playing-and-re-send-a-radio-stream-td4662029.html

On 16 September 2013 18:33, Tim-Philipp Müller <t.i.m at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On Mon, 2013-09-16 at 17:58 -0300, Ariel Argañaraz wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I was trying to play radio stream with gstreamer and I am a bit
> > confused with something.
> >

> > The uri of the radio stream is
> > 201.212.5.144/audio959-rockandpop?MSWMExt.asf and it is using MMS
> > protocol.
> >
> > My first attempt was with this pipeline:
> >
> > GST_DEBUG=2 gst-launch uridecodebin
> > uri=mmsh://201.212.5.144/audio959-rockandpop?MSWMExt.asf !
> > decodebin2 ! autoaudiosink
> >

> gst-launch-1.0 playbin
> uri=mmsh://201.212.5.144/audio959-rockandpop?MSWMExt.asf
>
> works fine for me, for what it's worth (with 1.0.x).
>
> Cheers
>  -Tim

Ariel Argañaraz