Gst.inti(None) bugs for gstreamer-1.0 ( using PyGobject introspection)

narcisse doudieu siewe wambenarcisse at yahoo.fr
Wed Sep 18 10:18:22 PDT 2013

I use PyGobject on windows 7 for gstreamer-1.0 and it crashes.

Gst.init(None)  crashes my application.

________________________________
 De : Peter Maersk-Moller <pmaersk at gmail.com>
À : Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer <gstreamer-devel at lists.freedesktop.org>
Envoyé le : Mercredi 18 septembre 2013 18h07
Objet : shmsink changes from 1.0.10 to 1.1.4

Hi.

Apparently there are some changes in plugin shmsink between 1.0.10 and 1.1.4 that breaks how external programs should use the shmsink. I tried to look in the release announcements for 1.1.1-1.1.4, but only smaller changes mostly wrt to how gstreamer handles shmsinks without a connected process are listed. Nevertheless, there appear to me to be changes that goes beyond that.

I have a program, namely Snowmix that uses the shm of GStreamer heavily and it works quite well up till 1.0.10, but for 1.1.4 the shmsink doesn't seem to understand when I signal that I have read the buffer it has send. I do receive frames send via shmsink until the allocated shm area has been used, and then no more, even though I signal over the control connection, that I have released the buffers sent.

Has the binary layout format for the control connection messages changed? If yes, in what way? Is it documented somewhere?

If the binary format has changed, we really need for it to be able to tell its version over the control connection so applications can detect the gstreamer version and act accordingly.

The pipeline used for testing is this simple pipeline

RAWVIDEO='video/x-raw, format=(string)BGRA, bpp=(int)32, depth=(int)32, endianness=(int)4321, width=(int)1280, height=(int)720, framerate=(fraction)24/1, pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)1/1, interlaced=(boolean)false'

gst-launch-1.0 -v videotestsrc is-live=true !\
    $RAWVIDEO !\
    queue !\
    identity !\
    shmsink socket-path=/tmp/feed1-control-pipe shm-size=10000000 wait-for-connection=1 sync=true

Kind regards

Peter MM