GStreamer-CRITICAL **: gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion `segment->format == format' failed

Robert Krakora rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com
Mon Sep 23 09:26:19 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I too am seeing this error with GStreamer 1.1.90 with totem 3.6.3.

Best Regards,

Rob Krakora

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Adrian Daerr <
adrian.daerr at univ-paris-diderot.fr> wrote:

> Hi Peter,
>
> Not sure whether the cause is the same in your case, but when I stumbled
> across the same assertion error, it was because I had forgotten to set the
> 'format' property on my appsrc to one of the values specified here:
>
> http://gstreamer.freedesktop.**org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/**
> gstreamer/html/gstreamer-**GstFormat.html<http://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/doc/gstreamer/head/gstreamer/html/gstreamer-GstFormat.html>
>
> See the following thread for more details:
> http://gstreamer-devel.966125.**n4.nabble.com/Re-videoflip-**
> causes-critical-errors-in-**gstreamer-1-0-tt4661512.html<http://gstreamer-devel.966125.n4.nabble.com/Re-videoflip-causes-critical-errors-in-gstreamer-1-0-tt4661512.html>
>
> hth & good luck,
> Adrian
>

> On 23.09.2013 15:44, Peter Maersk-Moller wrote:
>
>> Hi.
>>
>> I have a pipeline that reports:
>>
>>    GStreamer-CRITICAL **:  gst_segment_to_running_time: assertion
>> `segment->format == format' failed
>>
>> I tried to search mailing list and the web, but found no obvious ideas
>> to what it means. What does it mean? And how does one goes around
>> mitigating this? It should be said that the pipeline plays. The version
>> used is 1.1.90
>>
>> The pipeline is shown below. I notice that the CRITICAL message is no
>> longer present, if I remove the pipeline elements AFTER the 'filesink'
>> element. So quite likely something between decodebin and shmsink
>> provokes the critical message, but I'm not really sure what to look for.
>>
>> CAPS='application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
>> encoding-name=(string)H264,
>> sprop-parameter-sets=(string)"**Z0JAKLtAKALb+**
>> AokAAADAAQAAAMAwYEAALcbAAtx73v**heEQjUA\=\=\,aM44gA\=\=",
>> payload=(int)96'
>> MIXERFORMAT='    video/x-raw, format=(string)BGRA,
>> pixel-aspect-ratio=(fraction)**1/1, interlace-mode=(string)**progressive,
>> width=(int)1280, height=(int)720'
>>
>> /usr/local/bin/gst-launch-1.0 -v \
>>      fdsrc fd=0 !\
>>      $CAPS !\
>>      rtph264depay !\
>>      h264parse !\
>>      tee name=t1 !\
>>      queue !\
>>      rtph264pay !\
>>      udpsink host=192.168.1.1 port=19044 t1. !\
>>      queue !\
>>      mpegtsmux !\
>>      tsparse !\
>>      filesink location=somefile.ts t1. !\
>>      queue !\
>>      decodebin !\
>>      videoscale !\
>>      videoconvert !\
>>      $MIXERFORMAT !\
>>      shmsink socket-path=/tmp/feed3-**control-pipe shm-size=22118400
>> wait-for-connection=0 sync=false
>>
>> A producing pipeline could be something similar to
>>
>> gst-launch -q videotestsrc is-live=true do-timestamp=true !\
>>      $MIXERFORMAT !\
>>      x264enc !\
> [...]

Rob Krakora,
Senior Software Engineer

MessageNet Systems
101 E Carmel Dr, Suite 105
Carmel, IN 46032

MessageNetSystems.com<http://www.messagenetcommunicationsystems.com/?utm_source=email+signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=email+signature+to+homepage>
Rob.Krakora at MessageNetSystems.com <rob.krakora at messagenetsystems.com>
P: 317.566.1677, 212
F: 317.663.0808

For the latest news, information, and blogs, please be sure to visit,
follow, and like us...

<http://www.messagenetcommunicationsystems.com/get-the-message-out-blog/?utm_source=email+signature&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=gmail+signature+to+blog>
   <http://www.youtube.com/user/MessageNetConnection/feed>
<http://www.linkedin.com/company/messagenet-systems>