Facing problem in adding new decoder to decodebin

Baby Octopus jagadishkamathk at gmail.com
Thu Sep 26 05:55:03 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have created a new decoder(aes3_dec) to decode AES3 data in TS and have
kept a mimetype of audio/x-lpcm-aes3 for this. The ts file has this LPCM
audio and I want to transcode it to MP3. I have done changes in tsdemux to
demux this data. I'm not sure how to add this decoder to decodebin

The following pipeline works for me
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.ts ! tsdemux ! audio/x-lpcm-aes3 !
aes3_dec ! lamemp3enc ! filesink location=test.mp3

But this gives error
gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=test.ts ! decodebin ! lamemp3enc ! filesink
location=test.mp3

*Missing element: audio/x-lpcm-aes3 decoder*

How to resolve this?

~BO