issue to play a rtsp video with hardware acceleration in Clutter

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Fri Apr 4 00:14:41 PDT 2014

On Do, 2014-04-03 at 14:59 +0200, Jezequel, Erwan wrote:
> so I check GStreamer debug logs and in all the output I get, I found things
> like this:
> gst_element_get_compatible_pad:<vaapidecode0> Could not find a compatible
> pad to link to cluttergstvideosink0:sink
> gst_element_link_pads_full: no link possible from vaapidecode0 to
> vaapidecode0
>
> So it seems that the link between vaapidecode and vaapidecode doesn't work.
>
> Is there something to fix it or a workaround?

Which versions of clutter-gst and gstreamer-vaapi are you using? I think
the latest versions (and probably git master of clutter-gst) are
supposed to work fine together.

Your debug log is missing some important information, the vaapidecode
bits of why the two pads can't be linked.

Expertise, Straight from the Source