Missing timestamps

Robin Aproskie raproskie at tellumat.com
Fri Apr 4 04:38:11 PDT 2014

Thanks I got this response from fluendo because of the comercial licences we might have to purchace the codec pack.

>The difference between ffdec_h264 and avdec_h264 is basically that the later uses multiple >cores when the first one does not. It 's a matter of compilation options and code support.

>If you get Fluendo's decoder for the SDK we provide a multi threaded H264 decoder that
>would work as well as avdec_h264.

>That being said you can also leverage HW accelerated video decoding on Windows 7. Fluendo
>provides a plugin called fluva which provided various elements :

- fluvadec which will decode compressed H264  (and some other codecs using your GPU)
- fluvasink which will render video frames decoded by fluvadec in an optimal way.

The whole reason I went this way is I am using 1.2.3 and decoding h.264 HD well but I am overlaying information on the raw frames. I get issues when stringing 7 overlays in a row (textoverlay) I have posted before and get the following error when doing this

Unhandled exception at 0x035a93bc in VideoDisplay.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000.

When I break to recall the stack I get these messages in the Call Stack window

  libpixman-1-0.dll!034993bc()
  [Frames below may be incorrect and/or missing, no symbols loaded for libpixman-1-0.dll]
  libpixman-1-0.dll!0345a8a0()
  libcairo-2.dll!02f532f8()

On Fri, 2014-04-04 at 10:34 +0200, Robin Aproskie wrote:

Hi Robin,

> What is the Difference between FFdec_h264 on CONGO 2013.06 and the
> avdec_h264 on 1.2.3 Gstreamer.org.
>
> The FFdec version is very slow and the bus say's it may be dropping
> buffers because the timestamps are missing or My PC is too slow.
>
> On the other case the avdec version works without a hitch and I get
> excelent video (HD 1080p30).

It's hard to comment on what might be the cause of this without knowing the rest of the pipeline. Theoretically both should work fine, but ffdec_h264/CONGO 2013.06 is based on a many year old now unmaintained version of GStreamer.

I would recommend you use 1.x if you have the choice, especially if it actually works better for you.

Cheers
 -Tim