sprop-param-set

Chuck Crisler ccrisler at mutualink.net
Fri Apr 4 11:21:17 PDT 2014

I am using GStreamer 0.10.30 and the RTSP code 0.10.7. Yes, I realize that
I really should upgrade, but that isn't an option at this time. It is
possible/likely that the issue I have has been fixed in the 1.x code.
(sigh).

In my RTSP server I include the sprop-parameter-set parameter. I am testing
with an Android accessing the server. The Android requires that the sprop
parameter include the NAL type. However, if I put that in, the GStreamer
pipeline code (grammar.y, line 713, gst_parse_yyparse) throws an error. If
I use the same SPS but remove the 67 nal type (before base64 encoding),
GStreamer works but the Android fails.

Is this a bug in this version of GStreamer? Should this field include the
NAL type? Reading on the net suggests so.

Thank you,
Chuck Crisler