Playbin -> play audio and video + record it to a file

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Apr 8 23:20:23 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-04-08 at 10:22 +0200, stic at free.fr wrote:
> Ok, i've never heard about inter elements but I've just seen it exists.
> Is there any documentation or an example somewhere that explains how to use it ? Are there any constraints using this ?

You create a sink and source of the same type and set the same channel
on them. The source then acts as a live source that provides whatever
the sink currently receives.

> Or would it be better (or less ugly ?) if I use a decodebin instead of playbin ?

Depends on what you want to do :) For the displaying part playbin is
obviously better, but your use case is not really something playbin was
made for.

Expertise, Straight from the Source