MXF issues with Gstreamer-1.0

Subodh subodh.austin at gmail.com
Tue Apr 8 23:33:32 PDT 2014

I am trying to use the mxf plugins in gstreamer-1.0
But the demux pipline was failing so I tried the discoverer to chk the
format and got the following error.
0.10 prints the metadata correctly.

ufouser at debian:~/Downloads$ gst-discoverer-1.0 test-uncompressed-rgb.mxf
Analyzing file:///home/ufouser/Downloads/test-uncompressed-rgb.mxf
Done discovering file:///home/ufouser/Downloads/test-uncompressed-rgb.mxf
An error was encountered while discovering the file
GStreamer encountered a general supporting library error.

Am I missing some update regarding the MXF plugin support. My platform is
Debian 7.4 and gstreamer from testing repository.

Error from pipeline

ufouser at debian:~$ gst-launch-1.0 -vvv playbin
uri=file:////home/ufouser/Media/vid.mxf
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: ring-buffer-max-size = 0
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: buffer-size = -1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: buffer-duration = -1
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: use-buffering = false
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: download = false
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: uri =
file:////home/ufouser/Media/vid.mxf
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: connection-speed = 0
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0: source =
"\(GstFileSrc\)\ source"
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = application/mxf
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/GstTypeFindElement:typefind.GstPad:src:
caps = application/mxf
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/avdemux_mxf:avdemux_mxf0.GstPad:sink:
caps = application/mxf
ERROR: from element
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/avdemux_mxf:avdemux_mxf0:
Internal data stream error.
Additional debug info:
gstavdemux.c(1499): gst_ffmpegdemux_loop ():
/GstPlayBin:playbin0/GstURIDecodeBin:uridecodebin0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0/avdemux_mxf:avdemux_mxf0:
streaming stopped, reason error
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...