Trying to stream H264 over RTP

Robin Aproskie raproskie at tellumat.com
Tue Apr 15 23:29:23 PDT 2014

How do you work out the props?

-----Original Message-----
From: gstreamer-devel [mailto:gstreamer-devel-bounces at lists.freedesktop.org] On Behalf Of Craig Routledge
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2014 4:47 AM
To: Discussion of the development of and with GStreamer
Subject: Re: Trying to stream H264 over RTP

On 04/15/2014 05:46:57 PM, Michael Gruner wrote:
> You'll need to specify the full set caps from the payloader, just the
> mimetype isn't enough. For example:

> And yes, this means that the receiver pipeline is fixed to the sender
> pipeline's resolution and characteristics. Changing something on the
> sender will require a new pipeline on the receiver. If this is a
> problem for you, you might want to try using mpegtsmux or a smarter
> protocol like RTSP.

Thank you both.  Nothing seemed obviously wrong in the output when I increased the debug level.  However, when I ran wireshark, I got an unending list of "Destination unreachable (unreachable port)" ICMP packets for the destination port.

The weird part is that my firewall should not be blocking this.  I'm running Fedora 20 with the standard firewall setup, the first two entries of which are,

   -A INPUT -m conntrack --ctstate RELATED,ESTABLISHED -j ACCEPT
   -A INPUT -i lo -j ACCEPT

So all loopback connections should go through.

Anyone have any ideas?

Also, I'd like to look into RTSP but although I found a packet receiver
(rtspsrc)
with gst-inspect, I can't seem to figure out how to invoke the server.
The
gstreamer-rtsp-server documentation only lists the library functions.
Does it
have to be done via a program or can I create an RTSP stream with a command line?