control the video speed

Dudi.r dudi017 at gmail.com
Sat Apr 19 11:34:19 PDT 2014

Hi,

I have a file that contain I, P, B frames (h.264).
I also have two pipelines- transmitter and receiver.

the transmitter loads the file with the frames, push frame by frame into the
appsrc, to udpsink and send it to the receiver.

this is the transmitter pipeline:

      src = (GstAppSrc*)gst_element_factory_make("appsrc", "mysrc");
      sink = gst_element_factory_make ("udpsink", "sink");

      gst_util_set_object_arg (G_OBJECT (src), "stream-type", "seekable");

this is the receiver pipeline:

      gst_parse_launch( " udpsrc uri=udp://localhost:5000 !
application/x-rtp, media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000,
encoding-name=(string)H264, payload=(int)96  ! decodebin ! autovideosink",
NULL);

my goal is making the server to control the speed of the video- Fast
forward, Slow motion, Rewind.

so basically, for fast forward- how exactly does it works? how sould I send
the frames? im not sure if I sould change the frame rate, or send only the I
frames, or more frames..

I read about the trick mode- displaying some of the frames but I couldn't
understand exactly how.

I will be happy for some direction on that fast forward issue.

thanks in advance,
Dudi.