output selector question

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Tue Apr 22 04:14:43 PDT 2014

On Mo, 2014-04-21 at 18:18 +0000, Thomas Green wrote:
> I'm running gstreamer 0.10.36 trying to put together a pipeline that
> looks like this:
>
> gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=Audio.raw ! audio/x-mulaw,
> channels=1, rate=8000 ! mulawdec ! queue ! audiorate ! output-selector
> name=selector selector. ! alsasink device=plughw:0,0 selector. !
> alsasink device=plughw:1,3
>
> but it never starts playing.  I can go to either of the sinks without
> the selector, but when I use the selector, it just hangs.  When
> running with the debug set to 9 for the selector and sinks, it appears
> that the selected sink never gets a playing message.  The not selected
> sink never commits to the paused state.  Am I doing something terribly
> wrong?

The sinks will only reach the PAUSED or PLAYING state after they
received the first buffer (i.e. they're pre-rolled). If you set the
async property on the sinks to FALSE this might work already but you'll
probably get warnings about underruns on the un-selected sink.

Expertise, Straight from the Source