erroneous pipeline: no element "eglglessink"

Sebastian Dröge sebastian at centricular.com
Wed Apr 23 00:38:58 PDT 2014

On Di, 2014-04-22 at 13:28 -0600, Maxwell Carey wrote:
> I'm trying to run the following command on a Raspberry Pi with Raspbian:
>
>      gst-launch-0.10 -v udpsrc port=9000 caps='application/x-rtp,
> media=(string)video, clock-rate=(int)90000, encoding-name=(string)H264'
> ! rtph264depay ! h264parse ! omxh264dec ! eglglessink sync=false
>
> But I get
>
>      WARNING: erroneous pipeline: no element "eglglessink"
>
> I have already installed gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad and
> libgstreamer-plugins-bad0.10-0 with apt-get. Is there another package I
> should install?

The GStreamer packages included in Raspbian are too old and don't
contain eglglessink or anything to properly use the hardware on the RPi.

You can get all this if you build GStreamer from source yourself, or you
could also use the packages provided by Collabora here:
http://raspberrypi.collabora.com/web.html

Expertise, Straight from the Source