Integration of GStreamer in QT application on Windows using MinGW

Dušan Poizl poizl at maindata.sk
Wed Apr 23 12:08:41 PDT 2014

yes it is doable. I am developing such application myself. You can use
precompiled binaries from gstreamer page and Qt for MinGW. But you need
get rid of taglib plugin. It is because taglib is C++ code. Problem is
that gstreamer and Qt is compiled with different version of C++
exception handling runtime. So just delete taglib and gstreamer becomes
pure C library which can be used freely between different MinGW versions.

more information about different C++ runtime
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15670169/what-is-difference-between-sjlj-vs-dwarf-vs-seh