use the push_buffer of appsrc at different pace

Dudi.r dudi017 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 28 01:19:25 PDT 2014

Hi fellows,

I have question about the appsrc's buffer.

in my pipeline, the appsrc needs to push h.264 frame into it's buffer, I
also need to determine the timestamps, so "do-timestamp=true" is set.

appsrc ! h264parse ! avced_h264 ! autovideosink

from my understanding,  the application repeatedly calls the buffer, but I
need to call the push_buffer at the frame rate pace and not every time the
buffer can push more data.

is it possible to do so? to call the push_buffer at frame rate pace?

thanks,
Dudi.