vaapidecode to xvimagesink

Joe McDonald joe.mcdonald at vecima.com
Mon Apr 28 14:49:37 PDT 2014

Would you be able to/willing to share your code snippet?  I'm attempting to
mix multiple video sources into a tiled video mosaic on the output and
without hardware decoding I can't get above 4 streams (my application needs
at least 9, ideally 12 stream handling capabilities).

I'm using vaapipostproc to scale the incoming HD streams to SD size
(typically 1920x1080 down to 640 width) but the output of vaapipostproc is a
video/x-raw(memory:VASurface) which does not work properly with video mixer
(which expects straight video/x-raw).  There are a few bugs on the
gstreamer-vaapi site that seem to indicate this kind of functionality may be
in the pipe, but until them I'm stonewalled.  Any help that can be provided
would be appreciated.

Regards,
Joe