Shockwave-flash decoder missing

Sergei Vorobyov sergei.vorobyov at facilitylabs.com
Tue Apr 29 06:23:44 PDT 2014

Sorry for bowling a googly (certainly answered a zillion times), but Google
is helpless...

Can GStreamer play .swf files? I installed everything I could.

$ gst-launch-1.0 filesrc location=$1 ! decodebin ! videoconvert !
xvimagesink
Setting pipeline to PAUSED ...
Pipeline is PREROLLING ...
Missing element: application/x-shockwave-flash decoder
ERROR: from element /GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0: Your
GStreamer installation is missing a plug-in.
Additional debug info:
gstdecodebin2.c(3928): gst_decode_bin_expose ():
/GstPipeline:pipeline0/GstDecodeBin:decodebin0:
no suitable plugins found
ERROR: pipeline doesn't want to preroll.
Setting pipeline to NULL ...
Freeing pipeline ...

Thanks!