Hardware decoding on Android: "No element decodebin"

darvin matthias.schlesinger at gmx.at
Mon Aug 4 05:30:33 PDT 2014

Hi,

I'm writing an Android app using gstreamer1.0. I'm trying to make use of the
hardware accelerated decoding functionality and read somewhere in this forum
that decodebin is the recommended decoder to use.

Unfortunately my pipeline initialization returns the error message: "no
element "decodebin"". I've tried decodebin2 as well with the same result.

My pipeline looks like this: "udpsrc port=5000 !
application/x-rtp,clockrate=90000,payload=96 ! rtpjitterbuffer !
rtph264depay ! avdec_h264 ! decodebin ! autovideosink sync=false".

Replacing decodebin by avdec_h264 works fine, but is to slow and not
hardware accelerated afaik.

Any ideas how to fix this error? Thanks in advance.