No video when using decodebin on Android

darvin matthias.schlesinger at gmx.at
Mon Aug 4 12:10:53 PDT 2014

Quick update:
I ran into the black screen problem with an Sony Xperia J device (1Ghz
Snapdragon Processor (1 Core), 512 GB RAM) running Android 4.1.2.
Tonight I ran the exact same code on an Asus Nexus 10 tablet (1.7 Ghz.
Dual-Core, 2GB RAM) running Android 4.4.4 and the problem did not occur. The
stream lagged a bit but the video was displayed.

So is this a performance issue? Is there a possibility to improve the stream
in a way that it is more efficient and runs on low-end devices as well or is
hardware acceleration using decodebin all I can do to improve perfomance?
I've based my code on the Tutorial-3 (the gstreamer1.0 port) of the
gstreamer android examples. Can this code be further improved?

Thanks for your help. Kind regards.
Matthias