Encoding and streaming video+audio to UDP

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Wed Aug 6 06:03:59 PDT 2014

Le mardi 05 août 2014 à 06:15 -0700, dmitrijs2005 a écrit :
> We have tried all possible settings in option-string, without success, looks
> like option-string doesn't work

Don't use option-string for stuff exposed through properties. This
basically mean everything that can affect quality.

> So, if cause of quality issues (see
> http://postimg.org/image/iffadps4d/full/) is zerolatency, how can I get rid
> of picture freezing after removing it?

It isn't clear why your are getting these freeze. You should find the
root cause.

> We have tried all the suggestions from
> http://mewiki.project357.com/wiki/X264_Encoding_Suggestions, except
> zerolatency, nothing helped

Keep increasing the bitrate. If you want to go further, learn what set
of flags zerolatency is, split it up, and enable/disable some of it, to
actually tune your quality. Don't set tune if you want to use
option-string or split properties (that would conflict). Zero-latency
disables anything that requires extra observation, hence a lot of that
would lead to higher quality at the cost of some latency.

Nicolas