Inter plugin compilation for Android

Andoni Morales ylatuya at gmail.com
Wed Aug 6 06:53:18 PDT 2014

> Thanks. So for each set of plugins, ie bad, ugly, good, base etc
>
> I need to use cerbero to build the static AND non-static recipes for
> everything to work ok ?

GStreamer libraries and dynamic plugins are provided by the non-static
recipes and the static plugins are provided by the -static recipes. Static
plugins must be built in a different way, instead of exporting an entry
point with the same name for registering the plugin, they export en entry
point with the plugin name in it to avoid collisions in static linking.

gstreamer-1.0, gst-plugins-base-1.0 and  gst-plugins-bad-1.0 contain
GStreamer libraries, so those should be built to have all the libs you
need. In your case only gst-plugins-bad.1.0 wasn't built because both
gstreamer-1.0 and gst-plugins-base-1.0 are a dependency of the
gst-plugins-XXX-1.0-static recipes.

But you don't have to remember all of this, the "package" command is your
friend here and "package gstreamer-1.0" should build everything you need.

Andoni