Streaming of a text file

Nuno Martins nuno.m.g.martins at gmail.com
Fri Aug 8 03:51:19 PDT 2014

> ------------------------------
>
> Hi! I'm a new user and i'm trying to build a pipeline that extracts teletext
> subtitles from a transport stream and sends the text file (with subtitles
> and timing info) to another computer through udpsink.
>
> I'm able to create a text file with the subtitles (and I slightly modified
> the teletext code to print the time as well) with: gst-launch  filesrc
> location=/(...)TransportStream.ts  ! mpegtsdemux program-number=1 name=demux
> demux.private_0001 ! teletextdec page=100 subtitles-mode= "true"
> subtitles-template="%s\n" ! 'text/plain' ! filesink
> location=(...)/teletext.txt
>
> The output file is created in real-time, as soon as the teletext decoder
> receives data.
> But then I fail to send this file to another computer: I tried with this
> pipeline
>
> gst-launch filesrc location=(...)/Transportstream.ts ! mpegtsdemux
> program-number=1 name=demux demux.private_0001 ! teletextdec page=100
> subtitles-mode="true" ! 'text/plain' ! udpsink port=6000 async="false" \
> udpsrc port=6000 ! filesink location= (...)/teletext.txt
> but, even if I can see the decoding process  working correctly in the debug
> window, no file is created. I tried adding queues, 'text/plain' caps
> everywhere but nothing changed.
> Moreover, at the end the process blocks (on the last subtitle) and doesn't
> free the pipeline.
>
> Is there anyone that experienced the same kind of problems? Thank you very
> much.
>

> Enrico
>

> --

Hi Enrico,

I have found your message from 2012 and I would like to be sure you could
extract subtitles from the teletext because I'm trying to do exactly that
but I'm unable to do so.
The file is created but is empty.

gst-launch-0.10 filesrc location=filename.ts  ! mpegtsdemux
program-number=811 name=demux demux.private_0811 ! teletextdec page=887
subtitles-mode= "true" subtitles-template="%s\n" ! 'text/plain' ! filesink
location=teletext.txt

I'm using the pipeline described above. The filename.ts was recorded from a
dvb and the channel is on the program-number 811 and the subtitles are at
the 887 teletext page.

Thank you in advance,
Nuno Martins