gstreamer plugin for browser

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Fri Aug 8 08:46:58 PDT 2014

Le vendredi 08 août 2014 à 15:52 +0200, Philippe Normand a écrit :
> On Fri, 2014-08-08 at 14:50 +0200, laguillaumie sylvain wrote:
> > hi
> >
> > any plan to make a gstreamer plugin for browsers? chrome/firefox... i
> > actually develop some players based on nodejs node-webkit ... might be
> > great to have gstreamer as a plugin controllable by javascript :p
> >

> First hit on google:
>
> https://github.com/alessandrod/gst-browser-plugin
>
> Looks slightly abandoned though. And for Chrome you'd need a Pepper
> version because NPAPI is no longer supported, AFAIK.

If you have the luxury to spin your own browser (in a controlled
environment, the web isn't an option here), there is also SeedKit. Which
basically inject GObject introspection into WebKit JS engine. It has
been used to demo GStreamer Editing services inside a browser in the
past. It's not perfect, but I must say it's still an interesting
project, could serve as a base somehow.

https://wiki.gnome.org/action/show/Projects/SeedKit?action=show&redirect=SeedKit
https://gitorious.org/seedkit

cheers,