v4l2src and Android

Nicolas Dufresne nicolas.dufresne at collabora.com
Sat Aug 9 08:05:40 PDT 2014

Le vendredi 08 août 2014 à 13:28 -0400, Matthew A Kirleis a écrit :
> Experts,
>
>    I have been building gstreamer (with and without cerbero) for a few
> days now and cannot seem to configure it to build the dynamic linked
> 'libgstvideo4linux2.so'. I mucked around with the configure file to
> override some of the checks that were preventing the plugin from being
> built. After doing that I got a .a and .la file to output but no .so
> to use with gst-launch-1.0. I don't care out the java part but just
> want the native part to work. Why can I not get the dynamic library to
> build? I attached my config.log and modified configure script.

Have a look at:
recipes/gst-plugins-good-1.0.recipe
recipes/gst-plugins-good-1.0-static.recipe

v4l2 is somehow commented through this config.variant.v4l2. I suppose
your config can enable it somehow, though I don't know the details. Note
that the first recipe is for dynamic lib, and second for static. It is
likely that on Android only static lib are built.

cheers,
Nicolas