Gstreamer doubts

007GK sneha.nie at gmail.com
Mon Aug 11 05:27:54 PDT 2014

Hi,

I was trying gstreamer with various plugin/elements and could not
understand few basic terms.

 1. When to use sync=false, sync=true, sync=1 with sink elements?

 2. When to use autovideosink?

3. Which is the demuxer to be used with decklinksrc?

4. What is ffmpegcolorspace element?

5. For below pipeline gst-launch errors out saying : WARNING: erroneous
pipeline: could not link queue0 to audioconvert0

gst-launch \

decklinksrc mode=18 connection=composite name=demux \

demux. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audiorate ! vorbisenc ! mux. \

demux. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! 'video/x-raw-yuv' ! vp8enc speed=7 !
mux. \

webmmux name=mux ! filesink location=s.webm

but below command works:

gst-launch \

decklinksrc mode=18 connection=composite name=demux \

demux. ! queue ! ffmpegcolorspace ! 'video/x-raw-yuv' ! vp8enc speed=7 !
mux. \

demux. ! queue ! audioconvert ! audiorate ! vorbisenc ! mux. \

webmmux name=mux ! filesink location=newfile.webm

I have just swapped video/audio components..

Thanks,

Sneha