Lag between appsource and appsink

mansi.karan mail at mansikaran.in
Mon Aug 11 07:50:26 PDT 2014

Hi All,
I am using x264enc to encode a live video stream.
The problem I am facing is that appsrc need-data callback is called at least
40 times before first new-buffer callback is called, which results in a
delay of around 6-7 seconds, even when I use apprtc.appspot.com loopback.
The pipeline is :
appsrc ! videoparse format=I420 width=$width height=$height framerate=$rate
! x264enc byte-stream=true ! appsink.
I have tried is-live, min/max latency and do-timestamp properties but to no
avail.
Is there something I am doing wrong? Please help me out.

Thanks
Mansi